galeria 29

After one year of doing things on the street, I have lately become more and more interested in making objects for a gallery. My motivation came from the large number of artists I have come to admire for their works produced for exhibition spaces. Thus, I chose to build my own gallery in the living-room of my apartment. This space allows me to work independently, following my own interests. It also gives me the opportunity to function as an exhibiting artist and as a curator, at the same time.

My intention is to keep this gallery going for one year, from August 2008 to July 2009. Invitations will be sent to a limited number of people. Some of the exhibitions will be of my own works, and the rest will be dedicated to a number of people I appreciate and want to promote.

The gallery works as a space for the distribution of contemporary art. All the exhibits will be given to the public at the end of the exhibitions. Half of them will be offered to those who are present at the opening, through a raffle or tombola. The other half will be made available to people on the web (incepem group / feeder.ro, but also to those who write to me at - mirceanicolaeee[at]yahoo.com), using the same procedure.



1. mircea nicolae - ten demolished houses / august 9, 2008
2. elena ciobanu - scars / cctv / september 12, 2008
3. lidia neagu - 1998 / 2008 / october 11, 2008
4. razvan botis - sugar / earth / rosy sausage / november 1, 2008
5. michele bressan - found footage / december 6, 2008